Printing cheap booklets is a double-edged sword. You may save some money on the actual booklet printing, but when your booklets arrive, the quality of it might not be what you expect.
To make the booklet printing process more affordable and still pull off a good quality booklet, there are a few key things that you need to look out for. In your search for the perfect cheap booklet printing service, you need to judge their “cheap” sample prints using a few key characteristics.
Below is a list that you can use.
• Cover durability – The first thing that you must check when cheaply printing booklets is the cover’s durability. Even if the booklet was cheaply produced, the cover must be the strongest and toughest part of the booklet so that it can keep the contents inside safe.
If the paper of the cover is as flimsy as the content, then you may have problem with durability. Your booklets may not last as long as you want and all your investment in booklet printing will be to nothing. So make sure that the cover is produced with a tough finish to make the booklet last.
• Binding techniques – Another thing that you should judge is the binding. When looking at a sample booklet print, try to see how the printing company binds it. Is the binding good? Do the adhesives stick well? Are the paper corners and sides properly positioned for a well-sealed binding?
This is important to know since the binding keeps the whole booklet together. If ever the printer has a substandard binding technique, then your booklets will come apart very early. Even if you got a cheap printing deal with it, if the booklets fall apart early then it was a bad investment. So make sure that your printing service performs simple booklet binding properly even for your cheap orders.
• Paper quality – You should also check the paper quality of the sample cheap booklets. See if it seems good enough for your purposes. Is it too thin? How is the color, is it really paper white or cheap off white? Does it seem tough enough to survive years and years, or do you feel that a slightest movement or tear can destroy it. If the sample booklet fails in these aspects then cheap or not cheap, you must not even think of investing in that printer.
• Color quality – The inks of the printer should also be an issue. In analyzing the sample booklet prints, try to see if the color quality is great. Do the pictures have vibrant and appealing colors? Do the inks run or fade when exposed to water?
Do the pictures that you see have the right colors that you see in real life? Basically, even if the printing is cheap, the color quality must always be decent enough to project the correct colors and last a good amount of time. Otherwise, even cheap booklet printing will look too expensive.
• Cut alignment – Finally, try to analyze on the sample prints if the cuts for each page of the booklet is in proper alignment. If it is not noticeably vertical and is misaligned with the text then the printer is not exactly the most professional printer in the business. For a simple task as cutting alignment, even cheap booklets must have this spot on. Otherwise, you will need to find a new booklet printer.
These are the things you should look out for when judging the sample prints of cheap booklets. If the sample prints do not pass a certain minimum standard detailed above, you may want to switch printing services when possible.
Article Source: TakeArticles.com - Things to Look Out for When Printing Cheap Booklets